Monday, November 4, 2013

October!

So I realize this is November, but I am posting for this past month!  A lot happened in October.  Well, it was my BIRTHDAY and yes I wore out Taylor Swift's "22" song! Everyday! ONCE Multiple times a day!  We went out with friends and Phillip and I had my birthday dinner. My parents came into town to see me.  Which kinda made my birthday like a birthday week, but I was totally fine with that.  I know Phillip got tired of hearing me say, "It's my BIRTHDAY" because I sure got tired of hearing him say "No it was two days ago!"  I made my first A on my MedSurg test this semester!  Pretty big accomplishment it was Endocrine, and if you are in Nursing School you understand.

Anyways, continuing on with our monthly dates Phillip and I edited our date up a little.  We were supposed to go to the pumpkin patch, carve pumpkins, and haunted house, but we decided to have a fright fest movie marathon instead.


And this picture pretty much sums it up. 


Here are our pumpkins we carved.

So our date night wound up turning into an entire weekend.  It all started Thursday night around 10:30 (when I had clinical the NEXT morning and had to be up at 5 AM!)  We carved our pumpkins.  It turned into a race who could sling out the most pumpkin guts the fastest.  I now understand why my dad only carved pumpkins a couple years with me it is A LOT of WORK!  The next night we made our gourmet dinner of cheeseburgers and tater tots (YUM!) and watched scary movies for the rest of the night, which continued on to all day Saturday and Sunday.  We had great snuggle time on the couch.  And really had time to catch up with each other.  For the past month or so Phillip has been working mostly nights and I am gone early mornings so it honestly felt like a month since I had actually sat down and talked with my husband.  I am just reminded of how much I love this man when we get our special "date" nights and time together.  There are so many things that go on that get us all caught up in everything else, but each other.  I seriously recommend everyone setting aside one night a month to date their spouse.  It doesn't have to be anything big.  Just the time you get to spend with them is what it is about!  All right guys!  Talk to you next month!




No comments:

Post a Comment