Saturday, November 23, 2013

November

It is that time of year where everyone begins their 30 days this year of posting on Facebook what they are thankful for.  I was a little late in the game, so here are 30 things I am thankful for about my husband.

1.  I am thankful when my husband does the dishes.
2.  I am thankful when my husband empties the trash.
3.  I am thankful when my husband lets the dogs out.
4.  I am thankful when my husband helps with the laundry.
5.  I am thankful when my husband pays the electric bill, so I don't have to venture to that creepy part of town where the homeless people stalk me.
6.  I am thankful when my husband remembers to puts the toilet seat down.
7.  I am extremely grateful when my husband puts both the seat and the lid down on the toilet!
8.  I am thankful when my husband watches "chick flicks" with me.
9.  I am thankful my husband is a handy man.
10.  I am thankful my husband knows when to call a repair man.
11.  I am thankful my husband is a good GREAT bug killer!
12.  I am thankful when my husband cooks dinner for me.
13.  I am thankful my husband tries to put up with my PMS!
14.  I am thankful when my husband falls asleep last, so I don't have to hear him snore.
15.  I am thankful that my husband knows I am ALWAYS right!
16.  I am thankful my husband is like a BIG kid.
17.  I am thankful my husband got the first gray hair between the two of us!
18.  I am thankful my husband's toes are warm when we get in bed.
19.  I am thankful for my husband's unique sense of humor.
20.  I am thankful my husband is patient, even with me.

(Man I hope Phillip is reading this!  And if you are baby here is like an instruction manual on how to keep me happy on a daily basis! Love you!)

In all seriousness though...

21.  I am thankful that my husband loves me.
22.  I am thankful that my husband loves my family.
23.  I am thankful that my husband has a job.
24.  I am thankful that my husband works hard, so that I don't have to work during Nursing School.
25.  I am thankful that I can trust my husband's judgement.
26.  I am thankful that my husband makes me laugh.
27.  I am thankful that my husband is honest.
28.  I am thankful my husband is my best friend.
29.  I am thankful that he has a giving heart and puts others before himself.
30.  Most importantly, I am thankful my husband is a man of God.  And we share the same beliefs and can talk and worship with one another.

There are so many things I am thankful for this month, but not just this month every month, every day, and every second.  I am so blessed to have my family and friends in my life. I have a roof over my head and food on my plate.  I can take these basic essentials for granted sometimes and when I actually stop and think I see that I am blessed beyond measure.  Our November date we decided to give back.
We went out for dinner, and then hit up the stores and went shopping for our Christmas Tree Angel.  It was so much fun!  Phillip especially enjoyed himself getting to check out all the toys he thought would be great for our little angel, and by angel I mean himself!  We probably went over board, but it was great getting to shop for "our" little one.




Other than our date night we also got Christmas pictures done for our Christmas cards this year.




And now we are getting prepared for Thanksgiving this week!  I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!  I will check in again next month!


No comments:

Post a Comment